After updating FactoryTalk Act. Man to 4.05.00 USB dongle not dected

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. Variations of this inquiry may abound in this forum.

I have two Windows 10 workstations on which FactoryTalk Activation Manager version 4.04.00 would recognise the Rockwell USB dongle properly. But after updating the latest 4.05.00 the USB dongle does not show up in the Manage Activations tab of the FactoryTalk Activation Manager, even though the Windows Device Manager shows the USB dongle sentinel drivers properly recognised.

My question is, when FTAactivation Manager is updated from 4.04.00 to 4.05.00, what else needs to be updated or tweaked so the USB dongle with the license of Logix5000 Studio can be recognised?

Do you have any Virtual Machines that might be capturing the dongle hardware, preventing the Hosts from using it ?

Does the Sentinel Runtime from Gemalto show as installed in the ordinary Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features list ?

Edit: left my window open too long and Alfredo solved the problem with a fresh install of FactoryTalk Services. Thanks for posting the resolution !

Last edited:
Hi Ken, yes the Gemalto Sentinel driver is recognised in the Windows Device Manager. As I said, it is working now after having installed the 6.11.00-FTServices-A-DVD. Thanks.