Can new program, new main routine and new sub routine be made online

MattMatt9

We have a project that has all the routines viewable but not editable. I just want to force a bit high but cant do it. The only way to do so is creating new task, and new main. There I can edit. So I guess they specifically locked out edits for the routines. My question is can I create a new program and new main routine all while online? Or does it have to be done offline and downloaded?

Last edited:
Based on the terms you are using I am guessing we are talking about the Allen-Bradley Logix 5000 product and either RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000.

The controllers will allow you to create new programs and routines online and assign a routine as a main routine. Your software edition or security settings might limit this though. There is an edition called "Service Edition" that does not allow any online edits.

If you just need to set a bit, you can open the Controller or Program Tags and force (inputs and outputs) or set the value to a 1. Logic isn't required to do that.

OG

also just in case check if your PLC key or toggle switch is on "REM", if it is not move it to "REM" (remote run:handball:)