Any Macbook Users here? Best VM?

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Afternoon,
We have recently added a Macbook to our fleet to use as an programming laptop.

Anybody else out there using a Macbook? Which VM would you recommend for the plc softwares?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks. I knew there was a thread somewhere.

Maybe someone has changed their opinions in the past year since that thread ended?

My company has four of us using MacBook Pro's and VMWare Fusion. By and large it's bulletproof and I'd still recommend it.

Although personally, I'm holding off buying any new ones (for personal or business) until the 13" is available with more than 16GB of RAM, and they migrate to their new processors. 16GB of RAM works fine - I can run two VM's side by side on dual 24" monitors reasonably comfortably - but 16GB was their max offering when I bought the first one 6 years ago. It was impressive then; not so much now. The 15" ones have had an upgrade, but I like the 13" so I'm waiting for it to arrive there too.

VMWare Fusion. If using Win10 client's allow plenty of disk space for each VM, as the disk usage blows out beyond 60Gb very quickly.