Which cable and software for Omron CQM1H-CPU21 upload?

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi. I work for an industrial machinery merchant so we have to try to get uploads from all sorts of different PLCs & HMIs.

Our latest victim is an Omron CQM1H-CPU21, see attached photo. It is successfully communicating with an HMI via the DE-9 9-pin connector to the HMI's RS232 port. So I'm trying to use the DE-9 for the upload - we don't have any cables that mate with the other connector in the photo. We have a few Omron cables but none of them seem to be the right one for this. I tried both an Allen-Bradley 1747-CP3 and a 2711-NC13 cable. One of the cables, connected in one direction seemed to get a little further but ultimately failed to connect. I'm using the CX Programmer software.

Can anyone offer any insight as to which cable I need and whether CX Programmer is the correct software, please?

IMG_20190306_151312.jpg

From your post,
We have a few Omron cables but none of them seem to be the right one for this. I tried both an Allen-Bradley 1747-CP3 and a 2711-NC13 cable. One of the cables, connected in one direction seemed to get a little further but ultimately failed to connect.

please be aware that connecting different a different manufacturer programming cable is dangerous, they may connect, but are wired totally different and can short out the plc.

james

Following git's advice, I took another look for a CN226 cable to fit the peripheral port and eventually found one that had been put away in the wrong place. After that, the upload was fairly straightforward. Thanks for all the advice and assistance.

Following git's advice, I took another look for a CN226 cable to fit the peripheral port and eventually found one that had been put away in the wrong place. After that, the upload was fairly straightforward. Thanks for all the advice and assistance.

I have to do a backup for the same PLC. There's some exactly version I must use of the CX One?
And you guys know it there's a way to do the upload if the PLC is password protected?

I have to do a backup for the same PLC. There's some exactly version I must use of the CX One?
And you guys know it there's a way to do the upload if the PLC is password protected?

Have you contacted the manufacture of the machine?