FX-24MR cable

swifty1981

Hi All

I have a machine with a mitsubishi FX-24MR plc.

I need a usb to 24 pin D cable. I already have a 8 pin mini din to usb that i have used on a fx2 plc and worked fine.

I have found a diagram online showing the pins on a 8 pin mini din, 9 pin D and 24 pin D. So i brought some sockets to convert the mini din to 24D using the RX- TX- RXD+ and TXD+ wires. This didn't work. The Mini din i have currently only uses 5 of the 8 pins.

Is there a USB to 24D cable that i can buy? or does any one know how to correctly change the mini din to 24D correctly?

Many thanks
Adrian

mitsubishi_plc_cable_scheme (002).jpg

The FX is actually 422 not 232 interface, that diagram is a frig to make it work on 232 (hence the resistor), however, it has been known to trash the port on a small amount of processors, you can get a copy of the SC09 cable (232/422) converter and use any usb to serial dongle, the copy SC09 work well and are quite cheap compared to the £90 one from Mitsubishi.
Try Amazon or Ebay.

I believe the older FX has a 25 pin connector, the SC09 has both it contains a 9 pin to 25 pin and an addon from 25 pin to mini there are versions that have only the mini see the pic below.
There is one on Amazon but it has no ratings, so cannot comment on it, however if you search SC09 you will find some that have both connectors & possibly one that has the USB to both interface.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BliliDIY-P...+plc+programming+cable&qid=1597148319&sr=8-19

SC09.jpg

Last edited:
The original Beijer SC09 had both the DB9 (rs232) to DB25 and mini din8 and both were RS422, the conversion was done in the DB25 and the mini din8 was connected to the DB25 male side, the DB25 was/is for the A series and some of the older FX but most have the mini din8

Once the aftermarket came along we started making a FX version, it was a little cheaper and only had USB to mini din8

You should be able to find it also on ebay or Amazon, we sell them also but the shipping is not cheap but also only takes a couple days to the UK https://www.plccable.com/mitsubishi/