1746-OB16E indicator LEDs not turning on

Can anyone tell me if the output indicator LEDs on a 1746-OB16E will illuminate with no load on them?

My technician is telling me the PLC outputs aren't working. They were working previously for longer than I've been alive. My usual first step is to have them look at the output indicator LEDs, if they are turning on the problem is wiring, if not I will connect to the PLC. My company normally uses relay outputs and those little dummies will close their contacts whether theres a load or not. The modules in question are transistor outs so I'm wondering if they only illuminate with a load connected, I believe I have seen this on a different output module before.

The blown E fuse indicator is not on.

Thanks in advance!

-Don't

While I have only used the OB16 and not the OB16E I suspect they will work the same.

The LEDs on this output module operate regardless of any wiring connections. I have tested my programs with no wiring to the outputs and the indicators turned on and off with my logic.

OG