Mobile-friendly version of this forum?

I like having just one category where everything is, I dislike other forums where there are so many subcategories. The way everything is presented is very clear and easy to grasp for me.

I like having just one category where everything is, I dislike other forums where there are so many subcategories. The way everything is presented is very clear and easy to grasp for me.

Agreed, and the main reason why I dont read the others.

Truth!

Every time a forum like this gets updated to the "current" design it turns into a site designed to be pretty and not nearly as functional.

I for one prefer the compact easy to navigate design over the heavy graphic laden ones that are designed first to be pretty and second to deliver content.

How does tapatalk work? Can the existing forum via browser and forum via tapatalk co-exist or does it need to be 100% hosted by tapatalk?

I don't believe I've ever had complaints about this interface here, but I am a proponent of upgrade. I'm the one to do firmware upgrades when a system has been operating just fine for years:doh:. With that being said, I find myself lurking forums of various different subject matter and when I get the annoying notification that "this forum supports tapatalk", I always continue on with my browser.

There is no question that it is easier to contribute thoughtful posts with links and attachments to answer a question on a computer than it is on a phone. By catering to mobile the forum quality would go do down.

When I have visited the forum on my phone it loads and looks exactly the same way it does on my laptop.

I find myself visiting the PLC reddit a bit these days. There are more general discussion posts as opposed to the more technical Q&A here. OP might find reddit mobile app or mobile web more to their taste.

Tapatalk is another platform to serve ads. It has a purpose I suppose but It has been accused of link tracking and as a platform to scrape information to sell so like TickTok I have no interest.

Same, it works great... and what was wrong with 94', I just zoom in with my phone, I am a member at some car forums https://www.hellcat.org/forums/ and I never go anymore after they changed, its impossible to find anything and its also the reason I dont hang out at mrplc very much, I spend half the time just clicking

Also deleted tapatalk

I have a shortcut/bookmark set up to go straight to the Q&A board ... I never even see the popups that seem to bother some folks ... (or maybe it's because I'm already a member?) ...

www.plctalk.net/qanda/index.php

I have ZERO desire to ever use my phone for web browsing (it's a flip phone actually) ... and now that I'm retired - I hardly ever even answer the durn thing when it rings - unless it's the special ring tone that's assigned to my wife ...

Last edited: