PanelMate 1550K PM 1500 POWER SERIES

Larry w

I have a PanelMate 1550 which has gone into recovery mode.
I can't get it back to Serial transfer mode so I can download the software again.
Anyone have any idea's of how I can get this out of recovery mode?
Thank you in advance.
Larry

From what I understand if a PanelMate has a firmware corruption or something like that it will go into recovery mode. From what I have been able to find out is I need to get the Panelmate back into Serial transfer mode, reload the firmware, driver then the program.
I can't get the PanelMate back into serial transfer mode.

I've never encountered recovery mode myself. Looking through the documentation I have I came across a reference to touching the lower right hand corner of a touchscreen model while powering up to force it to come up in the serial transfer mode. That would appear to be the area where the recovery mode prompt is located. Have you tried touching the recovery mode prompt to see if that drives you to the transfer screen?

I did power it up and down with the two bottom buttons pushed in but no change at all.
This is not a touch screen. I just thought one of you guys may have had this happen to you and had a different way of getting it into serial transfer so I could load the firmware and program. I know these are old but out of all the ones I have had dealings with I like these the best.

Ok, so I gave it a go and tried the top two, top one and the third one, top and bottom one, almost every configuration I could think of but no change. I know this can be changed because a guy that worked here before did it for me but he is long gone.
Larry w