Simatic OP17 CPU314C-2DP S7-300

lsam

I am receiving the following error message on the Simatic OP17

$545 DB 32b 41 3 not avail.

Before the restart that this HMI always does I am receiving the following error message

$551 PLC address 2 not possible

followed by $339 Restart finished

Is this a communication problem between the HMI and the PLC? When this happens the PLC "STOP" indicator is lit steady yellow.

That is a different circumstance. I don't have a battery fault. Other than that it is similar. I changed the profibus cable from HMI to PLC and that made no difference.

Will the plc go to run mode? The hmi should have no affect on this

If so, any plc outputs on?

I’m trying to figure out if you have a plc program in the cpu or not

Last edited:
Will the plc go to run mode? The hmi should have no affect on this

It's possible to configure the OP17 as DP-Slave, if then the relevant error OBs are missing in the CPU, it will go into STOP-Mode when the OP17 isn't there.

But using an OP as DP-Slave is very rarely used from my experience.

I've never seen the feature USED, but I've actually seen equivalent features set up relatively commonly on some of the newer panels.

A lot of people don't understand the difference between S7 comms and Profinet comms. They assume the HMI needs to be a PN device (or DP slave) because how else would it get it's data from the PLC? Even though the feature isn't related to that at all, it gets turned on and configured.

It's possible to configure the OP17 as DP-Slave, if then the relevant error OBs are missing in the CPU, it will go into STOP-Mode when the OP17 isn't there.

Good point. I seem to remember it was only the function keys

I've never seen the feature USED, but I've actually seen equivalent features set up relatively commonly on some of the newer panels.

It may be useful when you realize a jog mode from the operator panel buttons when you need fast response. Another benefit is that the inputs go automatically to zero if the OP has a defect or communication problems. So you don't have to care about hanging bits which you may have when you use the standard S7 communication.

The PLC does not go into "RUN" mode automatically. If I manually reset the PLC using the reset switch and move that switch back into "RUN" position, the "STOP" indicator will flash on/off a few times, go off, and the "RUN" indicator will come on steady. But, the HMI display doesn't change.

More clarification on HMI display (the numbers/letters in bold are what is displayed):
$545 DB 32(this number changes from 1-32 very fast and momentarily stops on 32 - that's why I see the number "32") b 4(this number changes very fast from 0-4 and momentarily stops on the number 4 - that's why I see the number "4") 1 3(this number changes very fast from 1-16 and momentarily stops on the number 3 - that's why I see the number "3") not avail.

As to the Input/output Modules, there is only one output indicator on - "0" and there are multiple output indicators on. If I press the "ESC" key on the HMI (OP17), I can see the main startup (working) screen for about 1 second. I also can see the main startup (working) screen for about 3 seconds immediately after the first Error Message ($551 PLC address 2 not possible)and I can see it again for about 3 seconds after the automatic restart message ($339 Restart finished). then the display shows the infamous error message ($545 DB 32b 4 1 3 not avail.)

Okay, I thought that was what you would say. That means I will have to get the equipment distributor in here to deal with Seimens. Seimens just a few minutes ago called me from the request I sent to them yesterday and told me that it would cost me $330 an hour for them to help me with the problem and that I would need the Project file and number for them to help me correct the problem, which I do not have. So it sounds from the short conversation that I had with the Seimens tech that it definitely has something to do with the program.

Thanks for everyone's input!!!(y)