Using UTP Patch cord cable instead of IE cable

Adenitz

Hello guys,

can I use RJ 45 UTP Cat 6 patch cable instead of Industrial Ethernet? The connector is broken and there wille be some deliver time to get identical replacement.
Original cable is this one.

And I have 10m patch cables like this one..

This cable is not shielded, but length is only 10 m and most of the cable is placed inside the control cubicle.
I have tried and it works, but wonder if there might be some restrictions or safety issues I need to watch out.

Thanks!

hi i would use a cat6 or 7 cable and make sure it is not routng past VFD cables or solenoid valves etc and then replace ASAP with correct one

hi i would use a cat6 or 7 cable and make sure it is not routng past VFD cables or solenoid valves etc and then replace ASAP with correct one

+1

A cat 7 is the same and should cost less, also the Siemens cable is too rigid, you need a pipe bender when installing :)

Should be fine for now, but to avoid weird noise issues you do want to replace with a shielded cable at some point.