Multiple Asserts from 1756-EN2T Modules

AratanAenor

I have a pair of 1756-L73 controllers on A4/A backplanes with PA72 power supplies, configured for redundant operation with RM2 and EN2T modules. I noticed that rack #1 was operating as primary with no secondary and rack #2 was disqualified.

The EN2T module on rack #2 had an error message: "Cycle Power to Unit: Assert in File DummyFaultListener.cpp Line 169"

I cycled power, and got a Red OK light and nothing else on the EN2T.

The plant was offline, so I pulled the EN2Ts from both rack and put the one from #1 into rack #2. When I powered rack #2 back on, this EN2T had a different message: "Cycle Power to Unit: Assert in File ../../../Platform/NetLinxUCS/BSP/ICE2/vxbRaGemEnd.c Line 2884"

I put it back in the rack #1 and got a Red OK light, and... nothing else.

I grabbed a spare EN2T and put it in rack #1, it powered up normally and the rack went back to primary with no secondary. But now I've got two bricked EN2Ts and what I suspect is an issue with the backplane of rack #2.

I've reached out to RA support and am waiting for them to investigate, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone here has seen anything like this before or has some troubleshooting tips.

..."Cycle Power to Unit: Assert in File DummyFaultListener.cpp Line 169"

"Cycle Power to Unit: Assert in File ../../../Platform/NetLinxUCS/BSP/ICE2/vxbRaGemEnd.c Line 2884"

Assertions that ask "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ROTFL