Changing PC for Monitoring Micrologix

boomer7010

I am about to swap the computer and software that has been communicating to a Micrologix 1500. We’re going from Serial/Serial to Serial/USB and a newer version of software.

Other than the USB to serial driver and checking the normal COM port settings on the PC side, is there anything else to check to make sure communication is established with no issues?

Anything with the PLC that needs to be checked or reset?

If you have the opportunity, check to make sure the MicroLogix serial port is set for DF1 Full Duplex protocol, which is the default.

In the very unlikely chance that your PC/PLC connection use DH485 protocol, it won't work through a general-purpose USB/Serial converter and will require a 1747-UIC or equivalent.

But it's far more likely that you'll just set the software to work with the correct COMx serial port in Windows, and the new connection will work fine.