Ethernet Modbus+ over Radio 15 Miles too much?

MesquiteThorn

Can ethernet radios reliably handle 15 miles? Flatter than a pancake (mostly across a Bay), clear line-of-sight.

WHOA--Stop. The remote units (140CPU311 10) do not have an Ethernet port. Just 2 Modbus and 1 Modbus+. The master is a 140CPU651 60.

So how about Modbus+ over radio/ 15 miles?

The project has a one master and 6 remote Quantum PLC's. I inherited the project from a diff eng firm and the client who bought the equip has retired. We are replacing some Bristol RTU's. They were doing a replace in kind. The Quantum's can handle the Modbus comm through radio modems with the XXMIT FB, but it is very cumbersome and antiquated. All we are doing is Read/Writes to register between the master and remotes.

check out the mds inet. should be able to handle 15 miles as long as you have a clear line of site and the right height on both ends. you can also check out freewave. I think they will also run the path profile for you to make sure it would work.

I see that you just need serial connectivity. both of those manufacturers make serial options also.