"Failed to Create Module Profile" "Module Profile or EDS file Not Installed"

leonlai

"Failed to Create Module Profile" "Module Profile or EDS file Not Installed"

Hello,

I have a yellow question mark in my I/O configuration tree, when I try to click properties, I got the error. How do I can do configuration for these missing module in this yellow question mark ? or at least I can see how many modules and type of modules ???

Thanks

If your question mark is related to a CPU processor you can right click your mouse and download EDS file from processor, otherwise you have to download EDS file from original source.

I went to AB EDS and download file for 1765-E2NT EDS and install to RSLogix 5000 but still get the question mark ? Any idea ?

In this case what you need to install is called an "Add-On Profile" instead of an Electronic Data Sheet.

The process is similar; search for your module on the AOP page of the support.rockwellautomation.com site, download it, and install it in Studio 5000.

I am on mobile so I can't provide links or screenshots, but it really is fairly straightforward.

Thank you for posting the followup describing your success.

Posts like that help future searchers of the Forum a great deal.

In this case what you need to install is called an "Add-On Profile" instead of an Electronic Data Sheet.

The process is similar; search for your module on the AOP page of the support.rockwellautomation.com site, download it, and install it in Studio 5000.

I am on mobile so I can't provide links or screenshots, but it really is fairly straightforward.
the AOP not valid in win32 Application.. any idea to solve?
even i already install the EDS the unknown still there.