Redlion Not Crimson 4 but 3.1

BryanG

Starting my journey in to the light from the dark of Beijer I see that Crimson 3.1 is due for release October 2nd. Had a quick look in the manual and the bit that stood out for me was a vast improvement to meter primitives.

Starting my journey in to the light from the dark of Beijer I see that Crimson 3.1 is due for release October 2nd. Had a quick look in the manual and the bit that stood out for me was a vast improvement to meter primitives.

Looks like some needed graphic enhancements. I do like crimson, better than anything else I have tried; but, I was hoping for compatibility with AB 2D arrays, and UDT arrays. Would also be nice, to change the user security during runtime for OEMs

I saw that yesterday and buzzed the manual a bit. Looks like there are a number of improvements, higher horsepower version of Crimson 3.0.

I have a project with a G12 Graphite we are building right now. I'll give the new stuff a whirl and see whats up. This project only has a ML1400 on it tho.

Chomping at the bit

I am eager to see the price list on these:

http://www.redlion.net/products/ind...i-operator-panels/connected-cr1000-and-cr3000

I hope they have improved the trend viewer object. It needs a way to allow you to scale the tags independently...I have a gpm charted with a pump speed in Hz. The gpm is 0 to 1600 and the pump speed is 0-60. I either have to set up a 2nd data log and set of tags to scale them in percent in order to veiw a graph to show their relationship...then my cursor shows values in percent, but I really want actual values in engineering units. It would also be nice to be able to have one set of trend viewer controls to operate on more than one trend. So I could, for example, plot run status (binary or flag tag) of a pump as a bar graph type trend and above it an analog value as a trend line but be able to zoom and pan and keep both trends sync'd.

I like what I read in the manual about remote access security, ability to edit array tag properties independently for each element, the new symbols and graphic features...

What I like most is that it appears that they have kept the look and feel of Crimson 3.0 and made way for migration of old projects.

So Crimson 3.1 is cool and stuff...they didn't appear to have changed too much with one exception: there is no Emulator.

I haven't gotten any price info on the new hardware lineup, but I have not sought out that info from a distributor yet either. I will stick with Crimson 3.0 unless I run across a real need for the new features or they add the emulator to 3.1

Crimson 3.1

I have completed a couple of CR3000 projects and found the software refreshing and easy to use. This is my first time with Redlion. I only discovered them by accident when an HMI showed in a new piece of equipment. I have used Indusoft SCADA;) :smas:in the past and it is intimidating. I am hoping this Crimson is going to beat it out since I have several major projects lined up. I am most intrigued by its own version of C language it uses. I have some SQL needs that I will need to discover as well