CHANGE PLC S5 To S2-200

THELEM

HELLO To ALL The FRIENDS OF THIS FORUM, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU

I HAVE TO CHANGE SOME PLC S5 OF SIEMENS And I HAVE TO INSTALL THOSE OF The S7-200 SERIES,,,THE QUESTION IS....

I CAN UNLOAD The PROGRAMS OF EACH S5 And THEN TO DOWNLOAD THEM IN The S7-200 SERIES.

IS REQUIRED SOME SPECIAL CONVERSION, Or ARE ZERO COMPATIBILITY?

PLEASE ANY HELP IS WELCOME.

[email protected]

SALUDOS

THELEM

Thelem,

changing from S5 to S7-200 is a really, really bad idea. You'll have to rewrite every line of every program.

Now if you would change from S5 to S7-300, that's another story. Then you could make use of the S5-S7 conversion program, which can translate almost 90% of all programs completely, and about 90% of the rung in the programs it can't convert completely.

Don't forget: the S7-200 isn't a real Siemens PLC, it's a Texas Instruments PLC, which Siemens acquired by buying the TI PLC division. The S7-300 and S7-400 are the one and only real offspring of the S5 family.

Kind regards,

Thanks Buddy For The Advice!!!!!.

So, I Have To Give Me The Time To Remake All The New Programs From S5 To S7-200, Is That Ok?.

Bye

"chao A Todos Desde Chile"

Claudio

Hello,

Like Jean-Pierre stated try to avoid S7-200 PLC's try to use s7-300 ones, if you count your hours to rewrite the program into a S7-200 a convertion to an S7-300 program/PLC is mostlikely cheaper.