OT: Looking for an alternative to Windows Explorer (file manager)

dogleg43

Does anyone here found an alternative program to Windows Explorer (file manager)?

My laptop has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

======
Thanks

Does anyone here found an alternative program to Windows Explorer (file manager)?

No-one has asked the question "Why ?"

Is there something that you want that Windows Explorer doesn't do ?

What explorer cant do, for example change filenames in bulk. Also missing some more advanced search feature.

Last edited:
I'm already so used to opening multiple windows panes and just dragging and dropping files. Changing file names in bulk seems pretty useful though.

Of course, you can do that using REN through the Command Prompt.

But with say "total commander" you can see the results before acutally applying them, which could be cruicial to not scr*****g up.

The cmd is great for lots of stuff, but not that forgiving.

Last edited: