Very slow pc when I install WinCC flexible 2005 micro

mulderm

Hello,

I have installed Siemens WinCC flexible 2005 micro on my Windows Xp notebook.
Now mine computer (pc) is very very slow.
When I installed the software on an other computer (desktop) this is also very slow.
Somebody recognized this?
What is the solution?

Greetings,

mulderm

Here are three things that should help. Try one at a time.

1. In the Windows Task bar, there is an icon for the WinCC Flex Start Center. Right click on that and from the pop up menu select "SIMATIC WinCC Flexible Auto Start" and choose disable. Actually, this will help only a little.

2. Remove the "Service Manager" from the Startup folder in the Windows Start menu. I moved it to the Simatic directory in case I wanted it again - which I have not. You may not have this program in the Startup folder. I did not find it when I installed WinCC Flex on a new PC I recently got.

3. Contact the Simatic Hotline/Help Center, explain the problem, and ask for a VB script that will disable the WinCC Flexible Smart Start Center on the System Tray. I could not find it on the Siemens web site.

The result of this should be a PC that starts up faster because WinCC is not loading while your PC is starting up. However, when you do start WinCC, it will take longer because it has not preloaded any software.

Or, you could just get a faster PC with lots of memory.

More memory, faster computer.

They have made is some better from Flex 2004. I still likes memory and a fast CPU. What are your computer specs?

CharlesM said:
More memory, faster computer.

They have made is some better from Flex 2004. I still likes memory and a fast CPU. What are your computer specs?

Maybe one of the reason your PC runs slow is the lack of memory. You need at least 1Gb Ram .WinCC Flex quickly goobles up 150 to 250Mb.

Eric