GE Rx3i BEM331 and GBI001 Communication

obi1987

Hello!

I am working first time on this system and need some help.

CPE305 firmware 8.75
IC694BEM331
IC200GB001(3 DI(16CH),1 DO(16CH),2 AI(16CH) , AO(8CH)

BEM331 Com signal light is green but no communication with remote versamax.

My question is
what is the way to tell the controller or BEM331 that Let suppose first digital input from versamax card will appear where?

Do I need to make a separate Target for GBI001 , versamax io module and download that configuration.If yes , what is the way.(i mean which cable need to be used to connect it).

I have attached my configuration images too.

1.jpg BEM.jpg BEM1.jpg GBI001.jpg 2.jpg

Because you are using analog inputs and outputs in the remote drop you will need to create a target for it and download the module configuration. The download requires a special serial cable that connects to a port at the upper left corner of the GBI001. The part number for the cable is IC200CBL002. My experience has been that it requires a real serial port on the computer running Proficy Machine Edition software. I have never been able to connect to a GBI001 using any USB/serial converter.

It means data will be direct available to access?

Actually I read below statement so I was thinking that I have to bring data from GBI001 to Global data then I will access of it.

Each GBI001 will have a Genius BUs ID number. In Machine Edition the hardware configuration for the IC694BEM331 has a tab labeled "Global Data". That is where you set up the configuration for each GBI001 on your network. The size of the inputs and outputs must match the modules actually installed along with the GBI001. You modify the input and output addresses to define where you want the data from the modules to appear in the CPU's memory.

I am at site what i did , just remove the AI and AO to check DI and DO are working and download the configuration again.I will order IC200CBL002.

But still I have no success in term of communication. BEM module COM is ok and green.

GBI001 Fault light is in Yellow/Orange Color.I think I will not able to check fault without cable.

I am trying to read bit %I00113,%I00114,%I00115 ,Input green light came on DI module but not data in software.

2.jpg 4.jpg GBI001.jpg

You are on the right track as far as setting up the Genius in the BEM331 and GBI001 as the data has to match both units in your Proficy machine hardware. You need to download your configuration to the GBI001 Of your rack chassis and modules.
You don't need to change the data in each module as you already did so in the bem331. I left at default I in and Q out as per Russ B instructions years ago. Been working flawless actually have about 15 all together.
I have use a USB serial converter Tripp Lite and one CPXX URT with success but stay away from the profilic chip ones.
Here is a pinout of the temporary cable as be careful pins are small and should purchase the correct cable as it fits snog and works better.
PC GBI001
PIN 2------------------------------------ PIN 15
PIN 3------------------------------------ PIN 13
PIN 5------------------------------------ PIN 14
PIN 1----------]
PIN 4----------]

PIN 7----------]
PIN 8----------]

But as I said before set up your GBI001 in your Bem331 SBA 2 like you have and looks like all you need to do is add a target add your chassis and modules and download no need to change input or output parameters on the new target modules as my attachment. After download power cycle. hope it helps.. Regards

GB1.jpg GB2.jpg

One possibility:
The configuration file must exactly match the hardware, including the jumpers on the analog module terminals that indicate the signal range. If the installed jumper does not match the range you select in the configuration file you will not get any data from the analog inputs and the analog outputs won't respond.