FactoryTalk ME Tag database conversion question.

TL140

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I have a problem. When trying to open one the projects that was in one of our HMIs to edit it, I get an error thrown up at me saying I need to use the database conversion tool. Right now, I don't have access to a 32 bit system. I spoke with the automation engineer and he said his system was 64 bit also. and he had no issues bringing up the program. When I ask for a copy of the backup (because i figure he had something converted, or knew something I didn't), he sent me .mer files... not .apa files... .mer files...o_O

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I SOL at this stage? Is there something I'm missing?

Knowing the automation engineer's version is the starting point to find out what the issue might be. You could try to post the archive and see if I or anyone else can open it.

I just emailed the engineer and he said the version is the same that we have on our commuter. I will see if I can pack the file to an APA and get it to here.