Magelis Historical trend sample point limit

nhadjinikolov

Hello,
I have a project with a Magelis - 7.5 inch, which must show a trend with a configurable time span. I can set it via a internal variable, but the maximum time it shows stays constant - 9 minutes and 44 seconds. I found out this is X size related. If I make the trend object smaller - it shows less time.
Does anyone know how to make the time span more than the pixel count of the trend object?
Thank you in advance!
Best Regards,
Nikola Hadjinikolov

Hi Nikola,

I recall you have to co-ordinate the number of X axis pixels with the logging period and the desired time span.

I usually allow three different time spans, 10 minutes, 6 hours, 4 days so I configure logging with three different sampling periods to correspond to the time per pixel in the X axis.

Let this be a warning to anyone considering using Schneider Magelis HMI to display plots, it is possible but they have made it extremely inconvenient for the end-user. They ought to be embarrased.

Hello V0N_hydro,
Thank you for the quick reply! I guess I will resort to using this method. I now have to find out what intervals will the client want :)

Schneider are famous for making products looking good only on paper or in the ad, but when you start using them - you see that the reality is a little different...

Thank you again!

I work mainly with Siemens. They also have some problems, but at least they have a decent forum :D
Even though I prefer Siemens every time!

A German said to one of my colleagues "Do you want it to work, or we can put Siemens" and there Siemens is a religion :)