Rockwell Autoation Projet

WISAM

Hello every body

I am doing a project on Air handilng Unit automation system. il will do the automation solution using rockwell automation compaclogix PLC and then build two SCADA applications one for the exterior panel using FactoryTalkView ME and the other for interior supervion using FactoryTalkView SE .. I need some advice about how to creat full solution using rockwell automation ? how to setup a plan ? what to do first ,second ,ect?

i am familliar with PLCs but this is my first full project , i did not do such thing using rockwell PLCS.

Thanx for the help

Wisam

Hello WISAM
You mentioned above you are familiar with plc so please tell me, i am working on the unity pro xl software, and i am having some issues to store the data on memory for 365 days or more than that. Will you help me to solve these problem, which type of logic or block use these program.

Start from listing your inputs and outputs on paper/Excel.
Then look at the AHU and break it apart into sections (ventilation, heating, cooling?), define what each should do and what signals they require. I am assuming emergency equipment such as dampeners, e-stops, etc... are hard wired.

Program the behaviour of each section independently and then put them together. In RS Studio, you can either split each area in a routine inside the same program or different program for each area.

I'm not sure how the control of the unit will be with two HMI stations, so that should come from the client. I would leave the control available in the area that has constant monitoring (which I assume is the one with FTView SE) and then have some sort of switch to allow the control to be taken from the outside. But the customer should choose this, unless a standard exists.