Micrologix 1100 - Multiple Modbus Adresses

N_Thompson

Hi all,

I am working on a project where we are using a ML1100 as a modbus master for a large number (10) of identical slaves.

I am currently communicating to 2 with no issues at all with MSG commands.

My Question is, is there a way to 'cycle through' the modbus addresses with the MSG command? Or would I have to address each one seperately?

I would like to write a subroutine where I can write a general program and repeat it for all the slaves in the system. This would create a simpler and smaller program.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Caution, I haven't done this. But create one message with an easily recognizable modbus address. Then look at the MG file. You should see the address easily. To be sure, modify the address, accept the rung then check again. Even though this isn't recommended, once one message is complete modify the address then trigger the message again. See if it works.

That worked quite well. Thank you!

I have an 'add' block that adds 1 to the node address every cycle through. When it returns an error, (ie when there is nothing at the node) I have it returning back to the start.