CLX DHRIO to PLC 5/40 via DH+

jschapansky

Hello,

I have had a network similar to this working in the past at a different jobsite, but am unable to get this to work.

I am trying to connect the CLX to my PLC 5/40 with a DHRIO card. I have the DHRIO connected to the PLC5 with a terminating resistor on both ends. I have DHRIO channel A set to 57.6Kbaud DH+ and it is node 2. The PLC5 channel 1A is enabled in the program and set to the same Baud rate and node 1.

Problem is.. the DHRIO says "Only Node" and I can only see the DHRIO in Linx.

I checked the cable, its not shorted or open. The round DH+ port on the PLC5 works fine.

any suggestions?

Try swapping the blue and clear wires; I believe that "Data 1" and "Data 2" are physically inverted on the PLC-5 versus the DHRIO module (on the DHRIO, Data 2 is on top).

Yup, that worked! Thanks

I swear i always work on something for days before i post here and within hours, usually the problem is solved! I love this website