Pleasing Sounds - 30 MM Alarm Horn Sounder

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a panel mounted Alarm Sounder that is not annoying?

I am not having much luck asking the Google Machine, so I thought I would ask here. Something that is either programmable or variable output?

My current sounder is an AB unit 855P-B30SE22 (12-24VDC).

The Hockey Night In Canada theme would be nice.

Best,

Paul

Thanks Logan, I looked at Signal Works after I posted, I was looking for something smaller.

The search continues, I will use your search and dig deeper.

Isn't the whole purpose of an audible alarm the ability to cut through standard ambient noise with a very attention getting - i.e. annoying - sound?

Isn't the whole purpose of an audible alarm the ability to cut through standard ambient noise with a very attention getting - i.e. annoying - sound?

Depends on the noise level. Sometimes you don't want a klaxon.

I use a serial controlled MP3 annunciator from Eletech for many alarms that play over the PA system.

HERES A LINK to the one I use. I use it serially because you can select from far more messages to play, but there is also a discrete IO mode , close a contact and it plays once, or repeats, your choice.

Only complaint is that they placed the serial port too far in and the sheet metal cover keeps it from fully engaging. Weird problem to have but there is it. Copy MP3 files to SD card and you are in business.

Someday I will find a TTS that will work with serial ascii and less phoneme manipulation , and I might go that way. but for now this works great.