Level Sensor

yep you are right, the relay has an impedance of 16kohm so definetly I will have to put a resistor in paralel in order to get +10mA.

Now the only thing that is still ticking my head is why the lights work properly ?? they work in a different circuit ??

I mean when there is no product, light is green and when there is product light goes red..

The manual is 36 pages but shows no internal schematic, so we'll have to assume that their indicator lamps are driven by a separate circuit independent from the exposed terminals.

And I noticed their drawings of the "Switching Status" are misleading, showing a SPST relay. I can see why you were concerned about the behavior.

This is my "go to" interposing relay:

https://www.alliedelec.com/omron-automation-g2r-1-s-dc24-s-/70178580/

Its coil takes 26mA so it would be enough load by itself to ensure your input changes state.

yep you are right, the relay has an impedance of 16kohm so definetly I will have to put a resistor in paralel in order to get +10mA.

Now the only thing that is still ticking my head is why the lights work properly ?? they work in a different circuit ??

I mean when there is no product, light is green and when there is product light goes red..

If there is only two connection points, that are both the power and the switch, then the LED power is going through the switch. I suspect when you add the resistor, you will see a small amount of current in the off state.

It worked great! Ended up putting an interposing relay with a coil with enough consumption.

Thanks everyone!