Customized screen saver on PanelView? Possible?

ckchew666

Hi all,

I'd like to create a screen saver for a PV communicating with a MLX 1000 thru DF-1.

During screen saver our company details (add, contact, name) will appear, some annimation is an added points, if possible :)

What's the easiest way to do this?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

You could put the graphics on a separate page that is called by the PLC after a timer expires, and use another timer to control the appearance (visibility) of things you want animated on the page. The hard part will be getting back to the prior page when a key is pressed. You may have to assign function key(s) and force the operator to hit it first to get that to work. I am visualizing a keypad Panelview, but the same should be true with a touchscreen. You may just have to have one button to exit the screensaver page.

mvandyke said:
If it is a standard panelview, Insert a graphic.

Application Settings => Advanced

Hi,

I see the "Application Settings => Advanced", but it's to set the time for the backlight to OFF.

Where should I insert the graphic (my comp details) to?
PB32_Advance.JPG

OkiePC said:
You could put the graphics on a separate page that is called by the PLC after a timer expires, and use another timer to control the appearance (visibility) of things you want animated on the page. The hard part will be getting back to the prior page when a key is pressed. You may have to assign function key(s) and force the operator to hit it first to get that to work. I am visualizing a keypad Panelview, but the same should be true with a touchscreen. You may just have to have one button to exit the screensaver page.

I was thinking tat too, but I can't figure out how the timer in the PLC can be expired? Should be when no key at PV is pressed after a certain time. If this is the method, then the PV must send a bit to PLC everytime a button is pressed so that the timer in the PLC won't be counting....?

You could check the idle status by monitoring the state of the machine or process that you are controlling.If the machine is not running, "maybe operator went to break" ... assuming there is an operator, then you could display your Logo screen. On that screen you could have a multistate indicator that gets animated by a integer in PLC.You can tag graphics to the multistate indicator as well. You could also monitor the status tag of the panelview screen to make sure it doesn't change for a while and you that as an idle condition as well... One exit button on that screen could take them back to previous screen. You would record the screen number from status tag before you changed it with control tag. You could them use that recorded number later to take them back to the screen that they were on...

PLC Gremlin said:
You could check the idle status by monitoring the state of the machine or process that you are controlling.If the machine is not running, "maybe operator went to break" ... assuming there is an operator, then you could display your Logo screen. On that screen you could have a multistate indicator that gets animated by a integer in PLC.You can tag graphics to the multistate indicator as well. You could also monitor the status tag of the panelview screen to make sure it doesn't change for a while and you that as an idle condition as well... One exit button on that screen could take them back to previous screen. You would record the screen number from status tag before you changed it with control tag. You could them use that recorded number later to take them back to the screen that they were on...

Hi,

Thx for your idea, basically it's like when the machine is stopped the PLC will send a word to the PV and command the PV to jump to that particular page, am I right?

Sorry if I don't make it clear, my screen application is where, the PV is used to set some timer preset values during initial start, after the machine is started (it'll run for a few days before it'll be shutdown again) the screen saver will pop up during the machine is running. The operator just do the initial startup setting (timer presets), then the system will run automatically.

thanks...

Chew,

Your image looks different, what version of Panel Builder are you using?

I'm using 3.81 on a PV600, it looks like this
SS1.jpg

Edit: I just noticed yours is a PV 550, true enough, it do not shows the advanced screen display as I posted.

Regards
_______

Last edited:
chavak said:
Chew,

Your image looks different, what version of Panel Builder are you using?

I'm using 3.81 on a PV600, it looks like this
SS1.jpg

Edit: I just noticed yours is a PV 550, true enough, it do not shows the advanced screen display as I posted.

Regards
_______

Hi,

I wonder why PV550 does not support the insert logo option, in fact PV300 or Micro also support, only PV550!!?

Maybe I'll change to PV300 already :)