How to convert a DINT into a Word Array

Jpik

Thank you so much for your help!

I am trying to use an INT or DINT as a setpoint for my remote device using Modbus TCP/IP.

My code is:
Temperature:= WORD_TO_DINT(Process_VAR);
Where Process_VAR is a word array containing 2 words.

:confused:I get the error that "Cannot convert "ARRAY [1..2] OF WORD to WORD".

How can I use a number to relay setpoint information to my remote device please?

Welcome to forum.

You can't diretly address array of 2words (or any lenght) to single integer. You need point to one variable only.

Temperature:= WORD_TO_DINT(Process_VAR[1]);
var2:= WORD_TO_DINT(Process_VAR[2]);

Unless process_VARA array is floating point variable whhich is readed like two words.

Then you would need move these two words to double word and then move bit pattern to real variable (or read directly reals).