S7 200 question

Yes, but we won't at least for free.

It isn't our job to write others homework PLC programs.
Tell us which part you have problems and what you have allready done. Then forum members can help you to make it work.

Shame it is not an S7-1200 as the trace facility provides an excellent method of displaying results for this type of problem.

It took me more time to generate the pulse trains to test this compared to the time to code the sequence.

trc1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for taking care of the question

RxZ6Np.png
[/url][/IMG]

My writing program is running but I'm not sure on it

O0.0 has two rungs the write to it; only one of them will be active at any time. Perhaps one of those O0.0 tags should be something else, but there should not be two --( )-- instructions writing to O0.0.

[Update: removed mistaken statement about C1]

That image is ambiguous, but what I see is this:

• I0.0 is start, and I0.1 is stop; both are normally open
    • All outputs are 0 when the process is stopped
    • Outputs only change when the process is running, i.e. between I0.0 becoming 1 and I0.1 becoming 1
    • So OP's first rung, similar to a Start/Stop circuit (see here), is a good start ...
      • but I do not understand why C1 is in that rung,
      • because when C1(.Done?) is 1, the process will be stopped,
      • and I think it should only stop when I0.1 becomes 1
  • Once, and as long as, the process is running, on the first rising edge of I0.2,
    • on O0.2 becomes 1
  • On the seventh rising edge of I0.2,
    • not eighth - @LD maybe has a typo?
    • O0.2 becomes 0,
    • O0.1 becomes 1,
    • and O0.0 is always the opposite of O0.1 at this point and forward, until the process is stopped with I0.1
  • The process then toggles between the next two steps, [Step A] and [Step B] , until the stop occurs (I0.1 becomes 1)
  • [Step A] On the next rising edge of I0.2
    • O0.1/O0.0 become 0/1
    • the process starts ignoring rising edges of I0.2,
    • and starts responding to rising edges of I0.3
  • [Step B] On the second rising edge of I0.3,
    • O0.1/O0.1 become 1/0,
    • the process begins again to respond to rising edges of I0.2
    • and starts ignoring rising edges of I0.3
    • And goes back to [Step A]
Again, there are ambiguities there since we have only the trend diagram, but that is what I think the process is supposed to do.

Last edited:
I took a different approach and used a Step counter to keep track of the rising edges that trigger the various output changes.
This is the code for a TIA S7-1200/1500 plc but you should get the gist:

pulseA.jpg