TIA Portal V15/V16 AT Overlay

AlecTek

Could not figure out how to enter AT Overlay. Has Siemens cancelled this feature?

Also, how do we create a DB or IDB not by the input/output/inout form, but by SCL?

Thanks so much.

untitled (1).png

Thanks LD!

I did turn off optimized access of the DB, not working.

Another question, what is the string end byte, 16#0? Or how to end a string?

Last edited:
The image you posted is from your own project ? If so, then that shows an AT view that has been created. If not, then show us what you are trying to do.

AlecTek said:
Also, how do we create a DB or IDB not by the input/output/inout form, but by SCL?
[..]
I got the answer of the second question, at External Source Files
Not sure what was the problem for you or what you got fixed.

An IDB is not created together with the FB it is to be used with. You create the FB, thereafter you create an IDB for each instance of the FB (every time the FB is called).

To create an IDB for an FB you can either..
Add a new data block in the project tree, and specify that it is the Type of your FB, or..
Call the FB somewhere in the code and specify a new IDB name; the IDB will then be created automatically.

There is no end byte for a string, the first two bytes define the max/act length of the string.

Thank you L D, I understand how the string works now.

I did like this: Outstring = Left ( IN:=Outstring, L:=i)

but is there a way I can edit the second byte directly?

The image you posted is from your own project ? If so, then that shows an AT view that has been created. If not, then show us what you are trying to do.

Hello JesperMP,

No, the image is the things I want to do, but I cannot make it.

I did make a DB and unchecked optimized block access, however, when I in the first line I created a word or byte, and on the second line in the data type box, there is no AT type, when i enter a, only two options: AOM_IDENT and array[0..1] of. I tried both V15.1 and V16, none of them work.