Alternative to AB Panelview

DavidFogle

I'm looking for a cheaper HMI alternative that still can be integrated into a system using Rockwell PLCs. I've done a tad bit of research but I was hoping someone here has had some personal experience with an HMI they've actually used/integrated.

Thanks.

Beijers have some really good HMI's, however, I have only used the older E series but going by them the IX range should be just as good if not better, one other problem not sure about the support in US but it seems they have a US site as well as other countries

+1 for Red Lion. Free software that is very powerful and hardware that is robust and less expensive than A/B. No windows OS means fast boot times and high reliability.

I also use Automation Direct C-More HMIs. They certainly don't have all the features of the AB PanelView but they are well priced. It also depends what features you need on an HMI too.

Siemens Comfort Panels can integrate with Micrologix, Compactlogix and Controllogix via Ethernet/IP.
Some of my colleagues are using Siemens Comfort Panels with Rockwell Compactlogix.

I vote for Weintek using EasyBuilderPro.
Does everything except deal with parameter files.

I use mostly the MT series.

Iv had one beating around in my forestry processor for a good 2 years now. Hot cold and constant vibration. Cant' knock it.

I'm looking for a cheaper HMI alternative that still can be integrated into a system using Rockwell PLCs. I've done a tad bit of research but I was hoping someone here has had some personal experience with an HMI they've actually used/integrated.

So to sum it up.... just about every HMI manufactured, its just about what flavor ice cream you like

We have a couple different ones, some people like Weintek/Weinview/Maple and personally I do like that they support just about any PLC made, its one less thing you need to think about when making a new system and when it comes to price, they are dirt cheap.

All these are good suggestions. One of the biggest issues you may run into is memory. For example if your HMI's are "modern" with graphics, images and the like you may have problems switching form the panelview to some others.

I love the c-more line, however I can only do about half the screens I can do on a PVP until I'm out of memory. Just an FYI.

Are you doing something very complex? Or something with a lot of graphics? If not, then an Automation Direct C-More is very hard to beat on their price. I've had good luck with them holding up and our environment is kind of harsh. Quite a bit of coolant mist, people get crazy with garden hoses, and I've seen operators push buttons on the screen with cast aluminum parts they are supposed to be loading on conveyors. They have nowhere near the bells & whistles of an AB PV, but for the most part I just need to display some indicators and give momentary on to some input bits so they work for me.

I prefer the Weinview, This is the company that makes them for Weintek & Mapel Systems
probably a lot of other OEM's as well. EZ Pro software is free. Depending on your application there are many models available with more & more features. As a simple display or secondary display I get a 7" for about $250 USD. The only feature I miss from an AB Panelview is imbedding a variable on a button, but there are work arounds. They have models that have Video inputs (USB & Ethernet) that you can draw up spot for live
image on screens, I haven't used but will be soon. I have had them running in harsh machinery applications where I have lost other OEM screens.
Like others have posted It is usually a mater of preference once you get good at any particular brand you tend to stick with it. I did use AB for the longest but $ wise and
along with a whole list I won't get into I don't use them anymore.

Siemens Comfort Panels can integrate with Micrologix, Compactlogix and Controllogix via Ethernet/IP.
Some of my colleagues are using Siemens Comfort Panels with Rockwell Compactlogix.

I've seen Logix + Comfort a fair bit in the Automotive sector. It sounds crazy to be mixing a little Siemens in your Rockwell, but it seems to work well, and seems to be better bang for your buck.