Star Connected Motor Speed Controlling Using Drives

aju

Hello Every Body
I Have A Telemecanique Drive For Controlling Speed Of 1.5 Hp Rating Motor. Motor Winding Is Star Connected. After Discussion We Found That We Have To Change The Star Connected Motor To Delta Connection
Can Anybody Suggest Easy Suitable Solution.

Regards

Ajju

There is not enough information in this question. what voltage is the motor is it 400V star and 230V delta? or 230V star?
What model drive is it?
Is the drive a 230V 1 phase in and 3 phase out or 400V 3 phase.

Going from a star connected motor to a delta connection on the same motor will normally result in the motor voltage rating going down and its current rating going up.

Why would you want to do this? More info please.

The motor is 400V star and 400V IN and 3 phase out.for controlling the speed of roller.

What is the part number of the Telemecanique drive?

If the drive is a 230V drive then you can connect the motor in delta OK. This is usually used when you have a 1 phase 230V supply and you want to drive a 3 phase motor that us 400V star or 230V delta connected.

aju, please give us the input voltage rating of the VFD. Also, conversion of a small motor from star to delta is only possible if you have all 12 leads available (dual voltage) or six leads if single voltage.

If the motor is star connected internally (nine lead for dual voltage, three leads for single voltage), it probably is not practical to reconfigure the motor.