Wonderware InTouch installation

jaconovo

Hi all.
I am new to InTouch, installed a original copy on my computer with Windows 7 on, did not register the copy but played around for approximately 3 weeks before trying to register. I ran the installation disk again to hopefully reach the registration process, but no success. After this I could not access the database I constructed, decided to uninstall and then install again, now I get a message, "Unsupported operating system detected". I then manually deleted all WonderWare folders and registry keys, but no success.
Any clues for me? Been strugling for 2 days now

Thanks NetNathan
I did receive the Tech Notes from the local Wonderware agent and went through it to no avail.
I guess my next step will have to be a reformat of the PC and install again

Yes WW support guy also feels that way, took me about a day to type in all the commands one by one, will be formatting the pc today, hope this takes me there.

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate (a 32 bit and a 64bit virtual machines) both running in VirtualBox, and I get the same error. This is a clean install, I never had anything from wonderware installed. Wonderware 2012 R2 (v10.6) and the same for Wonderware 2014 (v11.0).

Jaco,

I would not manually delete anything......ever. Never know what happens in the background. I would get a clean operating system and go virtual. It will make your life a lot easier.

Did you make sure that your OS version/SQL version and so on are all compatible. I would send my SMC logs to Wonderware with screen shots of installation.

Futuristix guys are pretty good that side, they should be able to help you out.

Thanks for the support I received. I did a reformat of the PC eventually, I had Windows 7 Professional installed on the computer initially and the IT guy that assisted me tried to format the PC the same way, but the PC was convinced that Windows Vista was installed on it, seems that some part of the Wonderware uninstall messed up the Windows installation. This makes no sense, but after reformatting the PC with Windows 7 my problems was fixed.