AB 1769-L33er Ethernet to Serial DF1

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys.

On a location, I have an L33ER running an Oil Battery. one of the ethernet is for HMI, programming connections. the other is being used for remote IO.

The communications from the Battery to Ignition Scada was supposed to be Wireless Ethernet. But they needed a repeater and ended up just going serial with an MDS SD4 radio, which although it has ethernet, its bandwidth is lower and wont work easily without switching settings and testing. Rather than go that route, i can use the redlion HMI to do modbus serial, but native tags would be preferable.

On the SCADA End the serial is converted back to ethernet with a SCADALINK IP100, which does support DF1.
Im wondering what i should use to go "Backwards" to Serial. I have used the DIGIONE IAP as suggested here:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=78136 to go serial to ethernet, im just wondering how it would work in the reverse.
On Ignition SCADA End I Have Autosol to do the DF1 Polling, and am aready doing DF1 and modbus on this existing radio network on 1 other site with a 5/03 and Scadapack32.

What are your thoughts?

I have used the Antaira STE-601C both ways for printing. It is used for converting serial to Ethernet for printing to Laser Jet printers from SLC Basic cards. It can go the other way by converting Ethernet to serial when using L30/33/81 processors to serial kiosk printers. These device servers have been solid and are easy to configure using the web page configuration.

Funny Guy

I ended up using the Redlion Graphite screen to do Modbus for the PLC Points, and next I am looking into my Options for remote programming/support of the location.