DL06 and Rasberry Pi

XtremeIN

Hello all,
I have been contacted by my previous employer to do some contract work for them. They want to use a Rasberry Pi to ask for data to be sent from the DL06 then passed on to cloud storage. The programming for the Pi has already been done, which is good for me, my C++ is about as good as a 5 year olds cursive. Anyway, can serial port 2 (or an expansion card) be used to receive the data dump request then send the data? I am not asking how to write the code, but some guidelines would be helpful. At this point I am just trying to gather information for when I meet with them later this week. I was thinking the AIN instruction and maybe the PRINT. My information, at this time, is rather limited.
Thanks,
Micheal

Why not use modbus to communicate to the dl? If the raspberry is the client, it should read/write to the 06.

Thanks for the info. I had a brief meeting with them today. I should be getting the hardware and code that has already been started in a few days. It has to be a DL06. The work is for on OEM that wants to retro over 100 units already in the field. I have never used MODBUS for anything, I will look into it. They said they were going to add a module for the application, not sure, but I think it is the comm card.

Micheal

Thanks for the info. I had a brief meeting with them today. I should be getting the hardware and code that has already been started in a few days. It has to be a DL06. The work is for on OEM that wants to retro over 100 units already in the field. I have never used MODBUS for anything, I will look into it. They said they were going to add a module for the application, not sure, but I think it is the comm card.

Micheal

The Pi has an Ethernet port. Why not add an H0-ECOM100 card (if you don't have one already) to the DL-06 and communicate with TCP-IP?

-rpoet