Count on Time

mcmenomy8

I'm a beginner using GX Works 3

I need to count the on/run time of a device in seconds, minutes and hours. How would I program this using ladder logic?

Look forward to some good suggestions.

I'm a beginner using GX Works 3

I need to count the on/run time of a device in seconds, minutes and hours. How would I program this using ladder logic?

Look forward to some good suggestions.

Hi,

you can use clock bits, if you use FX5U then 1s clock bit is SM412. Use counter function to increase DInt type of tag (seconds) with SM412.
You can get minutes and hours by dividing that number by 60 and 3600 (using integer division).

Hi,

you can use clock bits, if you use FX5U then 1s clock bit is SM412. Use counter function to increase DInt type of tag (seconds) with SM412.
You can get minutes and hours by dividing that number by 60 and 3600 (using integer division).

I'm using the Q-Series, will this still work? I don't think I'm using the FX5U. I'm pretty new to this. I'm a little confused by the sm412 in the Counter. How does that look set up?

I'm using the Q-Series, will this still work? I don't think I'm using the FX5U. I'm pretty new to this. I'm a little confused by the sm412 in the Counter. How does that look set up?

If you use Q-series, then you use GX Works2. There's always clock bits in any processor.
For Q series it's M8013.

https://imgur.com/AaY5iyv

Instead "Command" use M8013. It will activate every 1s and will increase Tag in DInt format every second, making it second counter.