Changing other users password FactoryTalkView

HotCheeze

Hi,

I am using FactoryTalk View v6.10 and I am updating from an old PV1000 (with panel builder 32) to a new PV Plus 1250. The old project had a master password that could change the other users passwords.

I`ve been looking around Factorytalk View and can`t find a way. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

To change a password on an FTView HMI, you have to open the project in Studio, and look under System / Users for the user whose password you want to change. Then open it, change the password and re-create the runtime.
When you take an FT View project that was created on a computer and open it on another, it messes up the users.
Check under Runtime Security and make sure the users you want are in the table and have the permissions you want.
Then check or reset the passwords under Users

I hope this helps.

OK I`m sorry my question was not clear enough. I am looking to change passwords of other user (as a master) during runtime.

Example:
I have operator 1,operator 2 and master. When logged in to master I am looking to change operator 1 password.

Is it possible?

I don't think its possible - I remember looking into this before and was unable to do it - you can only change the password of the currently logged in user. This was the case when I last looked into it but that was a while back. Not sure if this functionality has been added in 6.10.