Control Logix input

fcancel

I'm trying to follow an input that is connected to Node 06, box 2, terminal 1. What will be the word or bit address that I have to lock for in the PLC code?

We will need more information to formally determine this. First, what remote network is the "Node 6" and what is the slot number of the card scanning this network. What is "Box 2"?

Box 2 is a expansion I/O, there 4 of then in the same node so I assume that is 6[1]1?

Can you give details or part nubmers on what the expansion I/O is? What communication network are you using?

This can be difficult to track down as the beauty of Controllogix allows you to map remote data anywhere you like and each communication network maps data differently (controlnet, devicenet, ethernet/IP).

I'm trying to follow an input that is connected to Node 06, box 2, terminal 1. What will be the word or bit address that I have to lock for in the PLC code?

Thats a little bit like asking "Can you tell me the address of the third house on that street with the big tree on the corner that I'm thinking of."

We are going to need a lot more specific information to help you out.

Box 2 is a expansion I/O, there 4 of then in the same node so I assume that is 6[1]1?

AB Compact Block 1790D-16BVO. The communication I think is Ethernet.

1790(D) block would indicate Devicnet communication. This gets tricky. In devicenet you can map the data whereever you want to in the decivenet scanner. Since you are also looking for an input on the second compactblock the amount of input information and the overhead information will shift location of the information in the scanner as well. If you want to know the location of the input in the devicenet scanner you will need RSNetworx to open the scanlist and see where this data is mapped.

OK the good thing is most programmers don't use the scanner data location in the PLC code. Most of the time the data is copied (using the COP instruction) from the scanner (Local 5:i.data... etc) to a tag or UDT with a more descriptive tag name.

So if you are looking for data on node 6 block 2 input 1 hopefully somewhere in the code is a devicenet copy (with comments) stating where your input information is located. Screenshots of your data table of where you suspect the information is located may be helpful to us as well as any COP instructions from the scanner location to a tag in the ladder logic. Be patient and help us out and we can do the same for you.

We are willing to help, but please, lets not play twenty questions all day.
We are 8 posts in and we still don't have all of the information needed, not even close.

Can you post a copy of the program?
Do you have a DN configuration file for RSNetworks? Can you include it?
What is the device (kind of device and function) attached to the input? (knowing that may help identify the tag name used in the PLC program)
Do you have a wiring diagram? If so, does the device have an electrical drawing tag name, such as LS01 or PB05 or whatever? That drawing tag name is often a clue about what tag name to look for in the program.

Last edited:
The input is for a duress bottom and is wire in sub panel 104. Terminal 18, that goes to the node 6, expansion 2, input 1.

Help us help you!!

That information is all local to YOUR system. None of us here know your system -- nothing!!

Subpanel 104, Terminal 18, Node 6, Expansion 2, Input 1 in YOUR system is not the same as Subpanel 104, Terminal 18, Node 6, Expansion 2, Input 1 in MY system. In my system, it's not a duress bottom, it's an aux input on a 600 hp line shaft motor.

(By the way, what's a duress bottom??)

When you tell us sub panel 104 -- that means nothing. Node 6 ~may~ mean something depending on how the system was configured. Expansion 2 doesn't really mean much either. Terminal 18 and input 1 appear to be contradictory when we would consider the hardware itself, but probably not in your local system, of which we know nothing.

If you can't provide us with good information, you're likely to be dumped real soon. Right now, the best info you can provide would be to post your program. From that, we ~might~ be able to help you.

Last edited: