Panelview 300 with RSView?

LMDAVE

I have an existing panelview 300 installed by others that I need to make a change to. I only have RSview machine edition software with RS Linx Enterprise communication. I was able to get the archived graphics for this system, made the changes, created a runtime, but I can't find a panelview 300 on the list of availble DF1 serial driver, only panelview plus devices.

Can a standard panelview 300 communicate with RSview for building graphics?

Dave,

I'm guessing this is a Panelview 300 (standard) as opposed to 300 Panelview +. For the standard series you will need to use Panelbuilder32 software. If this is a Panelview Component terminal you use Internet Explorer to connect to the terminal (USB cable needed) and the programming software is embedded in the terminal itself. If you can list the part number we can respond with what you will need to make changes with.

It is a standard panelview 300, green monochrome screen. I connected to it with a serial cable. My RSLinx lite can find the terminal, but I can't through RSLInx enterprise via RSView.

All I basically need to do is add one alarm to the alarm list.

I was able to open the archive file (*.PBA) through RSView to edit the data base and make change to the alarm summary. But, it sounds like you're saying that I would need panelbuilder to edit it and upload it to the panelview.

Right, PanelBuilder32, part number 2711-ND3, is the editing software for the "Standard PanelView" terminals, including the 300 micro, 300, 550, 600, 900, 1000, and 1400.

It's included in all RA toolkits and is not copy-protected, but it's not free. I often supply it to customers with aging PanelView installations in exchange for the opportunity to quote conversion services for old, larger terminals like the 1200 Classic and the 1400e.