Maximum Memory on ControlLogix 5550

Does anyone know the Maximum Memory on ControlLogix 5550?

I searched but can't find a good answer.

Thanks!

The standard without a memory chip is about 150K of memory for data and I/O. For more data storage you have to add a memory chip on the processor board to increase its capacity.

On the 5550 L1 processors you have 3 memory chip options
M1 - ~500K
M2 - ~1000K
M3 - ~2000k

One other note... the L1 processors will only work up to firmware revision 13. After that these processors were phased out by AB.

If you are looking to expand memory on one of them, I'd strongly suggest taking advantage of the AB Trade-up program, and swapping the 5550's for a 60 series processor.

Similar Topics

What is a reference for the maximum jitter on the cpu of a controller for motion control? We have done some tests on an IPC with Codesys...
Replies
Views
Hi PLCs.net! I was curious: How many axis can a B&R APC910 control? Is there a hard limit like certain AB controllers? I'm new to B&R, so would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Quick question about maximum RIO for a PLC5. I'm looking to add some a RIO drop that emulates 6 racks to my existing PLC5 system (It is...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of upgrading our PLC5 machines from Devicenet blocks with analog (current) inputs. We are looking at going to IO Link, due...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, What's the difference between nominal sensing distance and maximum sensing distance in a diffuse photoelectric sensor ? in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom