OT: Appreciation for board members.

LJBMatt

As the economic climate has claimed my whole department I stare down the path of the unknown. I appreciate all the effort that everyone brings to this board both with questions, discussions, and creative ideas and solutions. Everyone here contributes this without charging a fee. This is a time when many are protective of what they have and sometimes not willing to share their knowledge. But the passing of knowledge between engineers/technicians is really what sparks my creative mind and I know I've received knowledge and help here and I hope I've been able to pass some of my knowledge onto others. I'm sure I'll be back on this board in the future, but obviously with a different board name! Thanks to all indeed.

Thanks for the kind replies, however the post is meant to focus my appreciation on those that contribute without asking for anything in return as I hope I have done over the years as a board member. I'm not the only one on-board the econimic woes ship, in fact it is fairly over-crowded and tickets are still on sale.

With your department gone, is your company going to contract out the work? If so you should look around and see if you can make a go as an independent.

Although I didn't believe it at the time, it worked for me and my blood pressure is about 30 points lower than it used to be. Its hard work but at least I have more control over my destiny.

We are a consultant engineering firm, so there really isn't much of a chance in that happening. They are not going to pursue anymore work in the electrical area as of now.

What about your old customers? Could you work directly with them? Do you have a PE license? Is it the type of work that would require it?

I'm not really worried about finding another job, I'm pushing forward on all avenues. I really just wanted to show my appreciation for that post their knowledge on this board without seeking compensation. It's more a thanks, goodbye, but I'll be back post :)