Plc 5/20 logic

turbohamad

Hello friends
I am working on PLC 5/20 and face some trouble which is the bit is not become true it is an analog file and do not know where from i check the value when this bit becomes true the detaild is the screen shot.
In the screen shot i circle a address N35:13 where from i see when this bit is on and what value is set to become bit true?

Also i want to know that how i see the remote chasis configuration of the modules?

Regards

logix.jpg

N35 is not "an analog file", per se. It is merely an array of addressable integers, which can be addressed at the bit, word, or group-of-words ("file") level. There is nothing odd about using a bit here.

First, I note that you screenshot shows that you are offline. Be sure you are online when troubleshooting.

Second, it is possible that something else in the code is writing to the bit. Look at the data monitor (right click on the address) and select usage, and especially note if a "W" or "F" appears in the left-hand column. That will tell you if something is using to it at the "Word" or "File" level (although not necessarily writing to it). Also do a cross-reference for the bit, and see if there are any OTE, OTU, or OTLs associated with it. And in the cross-reference, scroll down to the end of all the N35 reference, to see if there are any N35[xxx] references, where indirect addressing might be writing to the file/word/bit.

That's the first steps. If these fail, post in detail how you know "the bit is not become true".

If its an analog input, then there should also be a BTW (Block Transfer Write) and a BTR (Block Transfer Read) instruction somewhere. Typically they are placed in the first couple of rungs in a program.

The BTW will use a config datafile that the user has setup for their analog card. This datafile will carry the configuration as to what type of analog signal is being read, filtering, etc.

The BTR instruction will read the analog input values and status bits from the card and place them into another data file that can then be referenced by the program.

Know what model of analog card you are using will help determine what that bit indicates.

It looks clear to me Module 1, Channel 1, Alarm
the analog input module is in slot 1 the alarm is generated in the module and passed to N35 word 3 would be a status word.
you would have to look at the BTW transfer word to see the module configuration. On those you only need to write the configuration to the module on first scan or if you want to change it later. the BTR are usually timed or just requested every scan depending on the programmers choice

Is this a PLC-5 with ControlNet ? Do you have Bentley-Nevada or Rockwell vibration monitors on ControlNet ?

The N35 integer data file is probably data mapped from a block-transfer module, or it could be a data map file associated with the ControlNet scanner channel.

First, cross-reference N35 and see if there are BTW or BTR, or ControlNet CIO instructions associated with it. If ControlNet is involved, then you will need the RSNetworx for ControlNet configuration file.

As usual: if you are working on a Solar Turbines control system you should be getting support and training directly from Solar Turbines.

Hello friends;
Bently nevda 2201 is the vibration system. i right click on the bit and goes to data table, In that i click the usages button it shows the x on the bit. no w and no F appears on this bit.

I want to see bently nevada hardware configuration what type of signal means 4-20 or 0 10 v and see the alarms and shutdown value also but i am unable to see their detail. Please guide me how can i?

Regards

Is the Bently-Nevada 2201 module in the same chassis with the PLC-5/20 CPU, or in a remote chassis ?

In general, there should be Block Transfer instructions (BTW and BTR) addressed to that module. If the Cross-Reference feature does not point them out, then you need to examine every BTR and BTW in the program to find them.

The bad news is that the B-N 2201 is from the DOS software era. In the old 6200-PLC5 software you could turn on some configuration flags to enable special B-N configuration windows for those module that showed structured configuration and data, but there is no such feature in RSLogix 5.

You're going to need a user manual and some patience to figure out how this module is configured.

Does this system use ControlNet ? The I/O mapping and block transfer (CIO, not BTW/BTR) methods on ControlNet are different from the standard PLC-5 with RIO and local racks, so advice you are getting about how to find the configuration data in a conventional PLC-5/20 may not apply to a PLC-5/20C or 5/20C15 controller and a module in a rack connected via ControlNet.

It’s not surprising that you don’t see the word in the usage list. The list only includes the bits and word actually used in the ladder program.
The word is part of the block. I would think the block started at word N35:0 and could include up to 64 wordsN35:0 to N35:63
Search for word N35:0 you should find the BTR block the length will tell you how many words are used it would depend on the module.
Most programmers have the BTW (Block Transfer Write) in a run just before the read In some cases a module will require multiple writes in a sequence to configure the module.
If you don’t see it look for a start up subprogram some programmers put all the start up configuration items in a subprogram that’s called only once on the first scan. It keep the main ladder cleaner
You will need the module manual to see how to configure it. Part of that configuration will be the setup of the alarm points.