Forcing PlantPAx/P_PF525 interlocks

instruward

I'm not exactly clear how forcing works on Logix, 1756-L73. I did some Googling but the information seems to relate only to forcing physical outputs.

We had a belt today we needed to start, but various interlocks kept it from running. I don't understand PlantPAx yet, but I believe we had everything bypassed. From the HMI there is check-boxes to actually allow the interlock to be bypassed, and another set to actually bypass.

On the PLC, there is function block diagrams for the motor. I can see for the PF525 addon profile the Intlk_IntlkOK was 0 but I couldn't figure out how to force it to 1.

TL;DR I don't understand how to force controller tags. It wouldn't let me modify the Force Mask (i/o forcing was enabled).

You don't have something set up correctly with the bypass function.

From the interlock faceplate:
Verify that the "Can Bypass" is checked in the engineering tab
Verify that the "enable bypass" is check in the maintenance tab

In the PLC verify that the PF525.Sts_BypActive is wired to the PF525_Intlk.Inp_BypActive.

The interlock faceplate will tell you which interlock input is holding you out.

Last edited:
Ok, this gives me something to look for next time...
I know we had all of the Can Bypass and Enable Bypass checked true.

I do see a wired connection between BypActive and Inp_BypActive, should the tag actually be Sts_BypActive? Maybe it is not linked properly? My communications went down to the plc a few minutes ago so I can't verify that..

Ok, this gives me something to look for next time...
I know we had all of the Can Bypass and Enable Bypass checked true.

I do see a wired connection between BypActive and Inp_BypActive, should the tag actually be Sts_BypActive? Maybe it is not linked properly? My communications went down to the plc a few minutes ago so I can't verify that..

I'm not sure what the difference between them are. The Intlk manual shows using the sts_BypActive so thats what Ive always used.

I'm not sure what the difference between them are. The Intlk manual shows using the sts_BypActive so thats what Ive always used.

I've looked into other equipment, which is configured the same way and working. I believe all the interlocks were properly bypassed in the PlantPAx object because the state of Sts_BypActive and Sts_NBIntlkOK were both 1.

However Sts_IntlkOK was not 0. I haven't figured out yet why that is. I know a safety relay was jumpered to eliminate F059 at the vfd.

So, is there no way for me to force these tags from Logix? I was considering doing a live edit and wiring in a '1' value tag, but opted not to. There has to be a simpler way I'm missing.