Allen Bradley - How to contact American based tech support.

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I summit 2 questions in TechConnect. I receiving a response from a lovely Gentlemen, that I assume is based in India, and he either has very little technical knowledge of AB's products or his English needs work or both because nothing in his responses had anything to do with what I was asking.

How do I contact AB america based tech support directly. Or do they not have an American based tech support anymore?

I think we do but I am not sure. Is that listed in our AB account profile on their site?

Under your account there should be an Access section with an Authorization code. You then have an option to learn more about your access which should give you information about what support options and access times your entitled to with a direct phone number and access codes.

We use a mix of Rockwell support and our Rockwell vendor which actually can provide us great immediate support. We use M - F 8am - 5pm Rockwell support and have pretty much 24/7 through our Rockwell/AB vendor.

We have 24/7 and after 3pm California time I get Australia or India.
The Aussies are cool but the India people need some work.

Although I got a person once that was from the orient and learned English in Australia. I couldn't even understand her name. So I hung up and figured it out myself.

We have 24/7 and after 3pm California time I get Australia or India.
The Aussies are cool but the India people need some work.

Although I got a person once that was from the orient and learned English in Australia. I couldn't even understand her name. So I hung up and figured it out myself.
:ROFLMAO:

Have submitted 1 question through the web site. It was the last I’ll ever do. In case it matters yes, I have TechConnect

There's always a risk you're going to get a new or inexperienced tech in the Submit a Question (SAQ) queue, and some of them disappointingly seem to shotgun search terms through the Knowledgebase instead of trying to understand your question.

SAQ's get dispatched around the world in a rolling schedule, so once the main groups in CLE and MKE shut down in the evening, you roll to on-call Field Support engineers in CO, CA, OR, WA, then to Australia, then to Poland, then back round to UK.

There may be some folks doing phone and SAQ line support at RA Singapore now.

To my knowledge there are no outsourced call center workers in India. If there's anyone on the subcontinent answering RA calls, they're field service engineers just like I was, taking shifts on the phone and internet dispatch system.

If you strike out, ask them to resubmit your question to the queue or escalate it for a callback from the headquarters group in the morning.

I get TSEs returning my calls from Mexico sometimes, but you can't tell from talking to them, they sound like Americans and they have all been good. But I concur, Rockwell doesn't outsource their Tech Support to India or other places as a general rule, but they do have a world wide presencenow, so there are offices all over. And yes, they have a system of "tiers" once you get outside of the Eastern and Central Time Zones (Cleveland and Milwaukee as Ken said), so if someone somewhere else can't answer your question, they elevate it, which might mean waiting until someone in Cleveland or MKE are available. They are also expanding their hub in Denver now to have more west-centric people (although us Pacific Coasters consider Denver to be too far east). That just started a couple of months ago.

I don't know who your AB distributor is in Western Michigan, but in Eastern Michigan the distributor here has a very helpful Tech Support staff and has contacted AB on my behalf using their TechConnect number.

I personally feel like that adding context/links to the SAQ helps out a lot when calling their phone support, because then you already have a ticket generated and have some good context for phone support.
I just call them post-SAQ, and get a targeted person.

I don't know who your AB distributor is in Western Michigan, but in Eastern Michigan the distributor here has a very helpful Tech Support staff and has contacted AB on my behalf using their TechConnect number.

+1 for Mac and Mac

It's Kendall Electric here in West Michigan. I will shoot them an email.