PLC Power

echos

Hi Guys,

I purchased a PLC for the purpose of training. When i wire the PLC using a power cordl it turns on. However when i try to distribute the power via terminal blocks the PLC will not turn on.

Can someone please direct me where i am going wrong?

PLC.jpg

You have a floating ground. But I think the plc would still power up without a ground reference but maybe not.

Can someone please direct me where i am going wrong?

Where are the red wires landed? assuming the black is plugged into a wall? also your ground wire is not landed... not that this would stop your PLC from working but its a safety concern

Yes the black is going to the wall, so i just wired through terminal blocks. There is 120V on the wires going into the PLC. Do i need to do something with the green bolt on the bottom of the chassis maybe?

PLC2.jpg

I just double checked all wiring with a meter, seems like i had a slightly loose terminal so all is good now. Appreciate the help guys!

This would be a good time to start following wiring standards

Control power = red (US) or brown (EU/Asia/everywhere else)
Neutral/Common = white (US) blue or grey (EU/Asia/...)
Ground = green or green/yellow

Looks like the red wires are crossed. :)

yea, but they aren't touching so they should be alright, as well they are all the same colour, so that can't work because you have to have 2 or 3 different colours for electricity to work don't you?
Also red and white only allow 60 hz power, so if you want 50 hz you have to use brown and blue don't you? (y)

My next advice was going to be to lick each terminal one at a time. Process of elimination ya know.

Man... this could of turned into one of the great threads :)

Yep, but I ran out of popcorn so had to revert to shrimp scampi with linguini... then discovered it didn't have enough shrimp so tossed in a bunch more, then discovered it needed more sauce so dumped in some roasted garlic Alfredo sauce... Hey, I was in a pinch, but this is really good!

Yep, but I ran out of popcorn so had to revert to shrimp scampi with linguini... then discovered it didn't have enough shrimp so tossed in a bunch more, then discovered it needed more sauce so dumped in some roasted garlic Alfredo sauce... Hey, I was in a pinch, but this is really good!

And what does that have to do with cats or trains?