How to make more than i repetitive movement

TMcDaniel

Hello Everyone,
i have a machine that picks up a bottle and moves it to a position. There are six positions it needs to move to before going back to the original position. It basically picks it up and sets it in a tray that holds six bottles. I have a preliminary program written (only gotten to the second drop position) but it does not seem to be working. I have the first position in one file and the second in another but it just keeps running the first routine and not the second. Could someone have a look and let me know where i am going wrong. I will attach the RSlogix file. Thank you

I notice there are at least two discrete outputs (O:0/4 and O:0/6), and one bool (B3:0/6) that are assigned by two separate OTE instructions; that is almost certainly a mistake, and definitely an unfortunate coding practice. I don't yet know if that is the source of the problem, but I would fix that first.

For those for whom the .RSS format is a hurdle to looking at this code, I have attached it in PDF format.

I scrolled really quick and noticed the JSR back to U:3 at the end of LAD 4.
I don't know that you need that.

What you have looks a little complex have a look at this, it's something similar to a project I did some years ago but can't remember exactly what I did.
It could be reduced in size but this was a quick stab at it. I have assumed a few things. The up/down cylinder is 3 port single acting, the forward back cylinder is 5 port centre off (for positioning). There are proxies or limits for Up/Down cylinder & back & 6 position sensors for the forward and one for back cylinder. have made no allowance for removing tray when full etc.
This was done in another PLC I do not have RSL installed at the moment.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone runs into the same kind of problem. I solved it by using a cycle counter making each step true to a count on the cycle with a MOV instruction and an EQU instruction.