Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Modicon

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • All the same

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
A-B gets my vote because of an easy learning curve, most intuitive programming environment, and my local and call center tech support being the best that I've experienced. I've used A-B, Omron, Mitsu, AutoDirect, Siemens. I want to try the new GE as it looks like a nice platform.

I have to throw my 2 cents in for AB as well.

Can't quite put my finger on why, they are just a pleasure to work with IMHO

Marc

I expect since most guys overseas are sleeping or at the pub, we will not see Siemens numbers jump until early tomorrow morning

I've worked with GE, AB and the WinCPU from Automation Direct and by far I prefer AB.

GE has potential with Proficy Machine Edition, however the ladder editor is very poor in my opinion. It's still structured like the original dos based programming software Logic Master 90, the advantage is that old PLC projects can be converted to PME, but graphicly and usability is just not nearly as nice as what you see in AB.

The WinCPU uses flowchart (viso) based programming, very different mindset...after I got into it I it made sense, however to me it doesn't make sense to use a cpu who's programming language doesn't resemble anything that is currently in the industry. Sure you'll save money on hardware, but you lose money due to efficiency loss.

I have previously used Idec, Mitsi and Telemecanique. All of them have their benefits but I am currently using Beckhoff and really like the TwinCAT development enviroment.

Much easier to use than those above. Never used Siemens and don't really ever see the need to.

Jon.

I am a fan of AB due to the software in particular. But have moved to Siemens due to better pricing and tech support, there software isnt so nice :).... Mitsubishi well where's the dustbin :))

Now if redlion made a plc and it was as good as the G3 they would get my vote!

It is easier for me to program AB PLC's but... I find for the cost and ablities the Siemens wins out. If it is a really small project but requires a little bit more than a Programable Relay can do I really like Automation Direct. I know the AD's are really old technology. I used to work on the TI version but it still does the trick for a lot of jobs and you can not beat the price. Plus I find that AD's tech support is really good.

Worked with Mitsubishi years ago and did not like it. Will have to admit though. They held up pretty good in a real nasty enviroment.

Have not worked with GE enough to really have an opinion on it.

AB has the best software I have seen , but they charge too much for it. There PLC's are good too, but a bit on the expensive side if you are just replacing relays.

Hate Siemens, Modicon and B&R. GE and Automation Direct are OK. Glad I do not have to program the Honeywell IPC620/9000's anymore although I did quite a few.

As long as I get paid on time anything is OK but much prefer the Omron software with masses of short cut keys and the fact that the larger rack types right down to the shoe box (CS1, CJ1, CP1) ALL have the same instruction set.
Dislike working with Siemens, GE OK, AB OK, Modicon prfere not to work with them because the software is pretty lousy.
Main objection with AB, Modicon, Siemens is the high cost of software - WAY too expensive.

I hate and love them all the same.... they all are the best when things are going good and they are ALL the bigest *^#TQE Y(*&$#*Q when things are not going good :)

Tough choice. Omron, Siemens or AB.

Voted AB though, as it's the brand that I'm most familiar with.