rs logix 500 searching

plc noob

I have a b3:7 contact and i am trying to find the ote that triggers it.Is there a way to search this in logix 500 can't seem to do it many subs and indirect addresses used also?

Does an address search only cover the ladder you are currently in and viewing or all ladders?

An "OTE" instruction is not the only way to turn-on a bit (moves,copy,fill etc.). BTW B3:7 is a word address. B3:7/0 would be a bit address.

Post your code and someone will help you find it. Tell us what "bit" you are looking for.

See PDF below for search instruction. You can also right click on the instruction with the address you are looking for ,then click on "find all" or "cross reference".

Mickey

only xio and xic show up in the cross ref for the address i am searching .I am searching for a bit address not a word that was a typo sorry.

Does the search function search all ladders or just the one you are currently viewing.If a move , fill or other instruction is turing on this bit would it not show up in the cross ref?

also this is version 6.0 of rslogix 500 would that make a difference?

As Mickey stated a moving a decimal number like 255 in the word B3:0 would put a "1" in B3:0/7. Indirect moves, FLL, COP could also affect the status of the register. Another possibility is an HMI triggering the bit where you would never see the bit in an OTE because the HMI is controlling the bit.
Do a search or xref on the word B3:0 and look for any type of move instructions.

By default, the search function searches all the files.

You can alter the default settings by opening the search dialog box (CTRL + F). You can change the Scope to LOCAL to only search in the current ladder file window.

To find what is setting your bit, go to the data table and hit the usage button. Look for anything that affects the whole word or a group of words. If something is writing to the whole word, you will see a W next to it. If something is writing to a group of words, you may see F next to them.

If that still doesn't turn up anything, then it may be happening via a communication channel from a touchscreen, or other device.

Paul

Usage.jpg