Change Detection on Complex UDDT members

ntommyb

I have code that sends messages from one place to another in my plant. I want to lean down the code as much as possible so I was wondering if there is any really clean way to parse a complex UDDT member for any changes. I already use an FSC but its a little heavy and a little complex. I was hoping for something simple and clean for a standardized solution. Also I understand the different modes to run an FSC and it can be pretty efficient but I don't see a good way to parse each one of these elements using that instruction thats not bulky and messy.

This is the UDDT member I'd like to see any change in. Every PLC in my plant has a 200 element array like this.
DevID_Name STRING
DevID_Number DINT
PN DINT
DP DINT
ZI DINT
SK DINT
TM SINT[64]
GP DINT
BC DINT
LB SINT[16]
FB SINT[4]
VN SINT[18]
FL SINT[14]
FT SINT[4]
FX DINT
FY DINT
FU SINT[8]
CC SINT[4]
SC SINT[16]
RP SINT[32]
FC DINT
AK DINT
EK SINT[128]
KK SINT[100]
AI SINT[36]
DT SINT[12]
Status DINT
EP_PN DINT
EP_QO DINT
EP_JN DINT
EP_GQ DINT
EP_DT DINT[6]
Style DINT
Option DINT
SN STRING

I was thinking there must be some way to generate a checksum and just compare it or some instruction to check an element. I may be making an AoI for it and that would be fine too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!