OT: Coronavirus do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great idea! I just did followed suit. Perhaps Phil could make a sticky thread as a clearinghouse for a broader offering. PLCTalk members post their availability and areas of expertise. Manufacturers with needs contact them directly with details.

That's a great idea! I just did followed suit. Perhaps Phil could make a sticky thread as a clearinghouse for a broader offering. PLCTalk members post their availability and areas of expertise. Manufacturers with needs contact them directly with details.

Agreed!!
Not sure how many bites we'll get but even 1 is better than none if it helps save a life.
I'll post a thread and sticky it in a little while... wife just called me over for dinner 🙃

Well... it has been over a year since this thread was visited...and now viable vaccines are out, followed with a ton of misinformation about their use.
I have been vaccinated (a while ago), I sort of saw it as inevitable for travel and safety to others.

What are your feelings now?

Well... it has been over a year since this thread was visited...and now viable vaccines are out, followed with a ton of misinformation about their use.
I have been vaccinated (a while ago), I sort of saw it as inevitable for travel and safety to others.

What are your feelings now?

Vaccinated because I want to travel, pretty much over lock down.

Gonna be real interesting with all these people quitting their jobs so they don't get vaccinated.

Vaccinated also becouse really been missing travelling across the borders for work. And not forgetting to travel with family.

Vaccinated also because really been missing travelling across the borders for work. And not forgetting to travel with family.

Do you have as many people that are so strongly against it as in the US?
What is the % of vaccinated in Finland?
Do you trust science over media there?

Interesting to reread some of the comments from 18 months ago. If we'd known then what we know now.....

Yes.. it was an interesting re-read. I was amazed.....it was kept so civilized, compared to some other sites. i believe that is related to the type of people we are on this site... sort of our 'thought mentality' on analyzing a situation.

Do you have as many people that are so strongly against it as in the US?
What is the % of vaccinated in Finland?
Do you trust science over media there?

The media in here is mostly very reliable. According to media we have here vaccineted over 12 years 1 shot around ~80% and 2 shots ~65%.
And yes we have here also the group of people who are strongly against vaccines and spreading the lies of vaccines.

Wow, more than a year later. I have to say, I drink a lot more this past year.

Now I watch the news for comedy and late night comedy for news.

OT; way OT

... and late night comedy for news.

Can you explain?

[well, you ignored my OT warning, so here goes ...]

I call this the Jon Stewart effect: all mainstream media are so biased - either way - to cater to their chosen audience, that the only sane response is to detect and compensate for the bias to the point that the actual source of the news becomes irrelevant. So now The Daily Show is far more pleasant and far less insulting.

This happened because all shows have essentially the same business model: deliver (pimp) eyes to the next commercial, as measured by Nielsen ratings, which ratings in turn set the price of commercial time; they could not care less what content is actually on between the commercials as long as that content serves that business model. Each show cares not a whit for the loss of the population who are so offended they will not watch, because the show can so reliably deliver (pimp) their targeted eyeballs to the Nielsens. Even NPR's business model is only slightly different: they pimp ears to the next pledge drive.

Each show is no better than a PID without anti-windup on their reset action.

The irony is that Jon Stewart originally set out (I think) to mock the mainstream sources of news, and ended up becoming a source himself.

Listen to the final speech of the movie "Good Night and Good Luck," and watch the movie "Network;" Edward R. Murrow and Paddy Chayefsky were frighteningly prescient.

Status
Not open for further replies.